Plants that Your Pets Don’t Need to Worry About
Before purchasing new plants for your home, it’s important to keep your furry friends in mind. Cats and dogs are curious creatures, so it’s no surprise that once in a while you may catch them chewing on things in your home – including plants. To make sure your pets are safe, you should consider these plants for your home:
- Bamboo is a symbolic plant to many cultures – it’s seen as a sign of longevity in Chinese culture and friendship in India. In Vietnamese culture, it symbolizes the spirit of hard and soft, and that the Vietnam nation and values will persist with each new generation. Aside from that, bamboo is sure to keep your animal’s health out of trouble.
- Lady slipper is part of the orchid family and can grow to be 2 feet tall. The colors of this gorgeous flower range from pink to purple to yellow. Feel free to brighten up your home with a lady slipper without having to worry about your pet’s safety.
- Many believe that money trees bring good fortune when placed in a home. Money trees sprout new leaves as they grow, which unfold into five leaf stems.
- Cast-iron plants don’t require you to have a green thumb – they get by just fine with irregular watering. So for those of us who lack gardening expertise, this may be the pet-friendly plant for your home.
- The ponytail plant is yet another plant that can be forgotten but still remains alive. This plant grows slowly, loves sunlight, and can be watered every 1 to 2 weeks. Plus, your puppies can chew on it all they want without being harmed.
- Catnip is a fly and mosquito repellant that also works as an herbal ailment. Most importantly, it is given to cats! This means you know your cat will be just fine with this plant around. However, too much chewing on this plant can cause your cat to become aggressive, so you might want to move it some place it will have limited access. Instead, just clip a few leaves off and let your cat roll around and chew on them.
To keep your plants thriving, apply Green Thumb regularly. This natural product keeps your plants free of insects, mold and mildew while benefiting your foliage at the same time. Plus, because it uses natural ingredients, your plants will stay safe, too!