It’s hard enough trying to keep up your garden and house plant s without pesky little critters eating away at them. Don’t let all of the work you’ve done go to waste. Here are some tips to keep your plants safe from being destroyed by bugs and other pests.
How to Keep Your Plants Safe from Pests
- Make sure to always use clean pots and planters when you’re repotting.
- Always use sterile potting soil. Otherwise you could end up destroying your plants.
- Isolate any new plants for a month or so, and check them regularly to make sure insects or disease hasn’t infected them.
- Every now and then bathe your p lants with a soft cloth and soapy lukewarm water.
- Don’t wait for your plants to look damaged before you decide to do something about it. Examine them frequently. Check for mites using a magnifying glass.
- Proper feeding, care and fresh air will keep your plants healthy and more resistant to insect issues.